With the advent of tablets and touchscreen laptops, interacting with computers using touch has become second nature. Unfortunately, a large touchscreen monitor, suitable for an interactive display or kiosk costs thousands of dollars. Our line of infrared touchscreens makes touch affordable on any size of screen. Coupled with an LED or plasma television, a 50" touchscreen can cost less than $1000, and you don't need to be limited at 50"; we can build custom touchscreens in any size.
The infrared touchscreen is installed over a television or monitor. Infrared emitters and receivers form a matrix capable of turning touch gestures into signals that are transmitted to a computer via the USB port. No special drivers or software is required.
Unlike capacitive or resistive touchscreens, touches are reliably detected even if the user is using fingers, gloves, a stylus, a pointer, or anything else that is opaque.
- Point-of-sale (POS)
- Information kiosk
- Ticket sales
- Electronic catalogs
- Industrial HMI
- Multimedia marketing
- Calibration stability – no touch point drift
- High clarity and light transmission
- Touch can be activated by anything including finger, gloved hand, or stylus
- Tested on Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8, Macintosh OSX, FreeBSD, Linux (including Raspbian).
- 1-point or 2/4/6/10 multi-touch
- 4096 x 4096 Resolution
- USB or RS232 Interface
- Withstands severe environments
- Stable, no-drift calibration performance
- Material is tempered glass with high light transmittance
- Finger, gloved hand, and touch pen activation
- Operable in various light conditions, indoor and outdoor
There are too many sizes to provide pricing for all, however an example is shown below.
|Model||Order Code||1 unit||In-stock|
|Infrared Touchscreen with glass||IRTOUCH-GLASS||Contact us||No|
|Infrared Touchscreen without glass||IRTOUCH-NOGLASS||Contact us||No|
|46" Infrared Touchscreen with glass||IRTOUCH-GLASS-46-USB||USD 400||Yes|